Have you heard of Dry July? Based out of Australia, the campaign encourages you to go alcohol-free in July to raise funds for people affected by cancer. Since 2008, Dry July has inspired more than 250,000 Aussies to abstain from drinking and has raised more than $60 million in charitable giving.
Besides the obvious, giving-us-all-the-feels aspect of the effort, we love Dry July because it encourages the conscientious cocktailers, the no-and-low-ers, the people who want to live fully but shake, stir, sip and celebrate differently. After all, Spiritless was founded on the premise that it is possible to craft a cocktail that isn’t a cocktail, one that everyone can enjoy regardless of their desire, interest or ability to drink.
Thinking about giving Dry July a try for yourself? Here are our top five reasons for going no-or-low with Spiritless.
- Low-cal, full-flavor. With just 15 calories per serving, 4 carbs and 1 gram of sugar, our signature Kentucky 74 contains just 10% of the calories found in traditional bourbon.
- No hangovers here! A non-alcoholic spirit gives you license to enjoy a late night and an early morning.
- Half alcohol + half Kentucky 74 = half the ABV! You can extend your evening without the after-effects by going “halfsies” with a 1:1 ratio of Spiritless and the stronger stuff.
- FOMO no mo’. A mocktail in your hand helps you opt-in to super happy fun times, rather than feeling like you’re missing out by not drinking.
- Cocktail on your terms. The no-and-low movement is all about feeling empowered to skip the sauce because you just don’t feel like drinking.